Tuesday, February 10, 2009

RIP Jeremy Lusk

I just felt compelled to write today. I'm sure most of you know Scott and I are avid motocross participants and fans. Yesterday the world of MotoX lost a legend, Jeremy Lusk. He was severly injuried when doing a back flip hart attack indian air, he didn't complete his roatation and landed on the ground face first. He had a possible spinal cord injury as well as brain hemorraging. It's always sad when a tragedy like this happens. He was so dedicated to his work and really set the bar high for others in FMX. It makes me sad to think about the wife, family and friends he's left behind and to be grateful Scott doesn't do near as crazy of things Lusk did. MotoX isn't for the faint of heart, something I've always known. Scott and I have both had our share of brutal wrecks and crashes, next time we're out on the sand saftey will for sure be on our minds, as it always should be but sometimes isn't. I guess he left doing what he loves, it's tragic it had to be televised and in front of hundreds of thousands of fans, live and on TV. Although I never met him or even knew him personally it breaks my heart. God speed to him and his family is in my prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Things like that always make me so happy to know that families can be together forever. It never seems fair that things like that have to happen, but they do. I guess if they are going to happen it helps to know that.

    ReplyDelete