Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easter 2014

We had the entire family (mine and Scott's) out to the house for Easter. We had a really nice, mellow dinner - ham, scalloped potatoes, carrots, pistachio fluff and rolls - and the grandparents were able to maul and love on Ryker. He, of course, got spoiled like crazy; lots of summer outfits and toys to play with outside. Anymore, he is the reason the family comes out to the house anyway! Scott and I even got him his first swimming suit! He is at an age that he wants to dive right into his stuff when you put it in front of him, so opening gifts was really fun! He was very interested in each thing; taking everything in, touching, feeling and tasting everything!

Before our dinner, I was really set on making a carrot cake. I found a great recipe (Pinterest, of course), had all my stuff together and wiped up two 9 inch round cakes on Saturday afternoon. The kitchen timer went off and I grabbed my first one, to be honest, I was so excited with how they turned out! They were golden and had a perfectly peaked top. I went to grab my second and before I knew it, my beautiful cake and in shambles on the floor!! The hot pad had slipped and I burnt my finger on the top of the pan, I just flinched and ended up throwing the entire pan to the ground. I just sat there and cried - I was so upset!! I worked so hard on making it. Long story short, the remaining cake turned out awesome - super moist and so tasty! - and Scott cut it in half for me and I just frosted in between the two layers.  I really did turn out awesome and looked beautiful! But it's still the fact I dropped half of it!

All in all, we had a really nice time as a family and we were able to enjoy the day together!

Saturday night, Scott and I colored Easter eggs with Ryker. He is obviously a little too small to know what the heck was going on, but he just sat with us and watched us and we dipped them in the dye. A couple of times he about had the tray of dye.. He's a quick on. We did let him hold a couple of the eggs and see what his reaction would be. Naturally it went straight to his mouth! Colors eggs has been something my mom and dad did for me since the beginning of time - I'm really excited to start the same tradition with Ryker, next year he'll be a little bit older and hopefully he will be able to participate more :)  


Here are some pictures from the day!
The quality sucks (from our iPhone) and I don't know why! 

Doesn't he look so amazing in his sweater vest?! :)





We love this kid so much!



His first baseball and bat






Coloring Easter eggs

A little impromtu photo sesh :)

2 comments: