Monday, May 19, 2014

Yard Work: 2014 Edition

It's not summer if the Nelson's aren't doing some kind of yard project. This year we have the unfortunate task of finishing our backyard. I say 'unfortunate' only because we have a solid acre back there! Lucky for us, we got smart and decided this year because of wee-man, we were just going to contract out the work. 

I can honestly say I had very little to do with the design - this is all my brainiac construction worker of a husband. I give little input here and there, but this has been his project. I'll be honing down on Ryker's play area, my garden, and the flower gardens :)

This is our progress thus far...




April 25th, we broke ground!



Here the concrete forms were back filled with sand in preparation for the mud
April 29th

Scott, doing what Scott does best. Checking all the measurements.



April 30th. We have an upper deck!!


Sidewalk

Lower patio

Fire pit area

Above, the backyard has been x'd out and more concrete forms have been placed for the fire pit area, lower patio, and the sidewalk conjoining the two things.
May 6th





May 8th - the concrete has been poured!
It looks better than I had envisioned it!

Next up for this week is curbing (where my flower beds will be), sprinklers, and... GRASS!! 

1 comment: