Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Where has the time gone??

Wow, I always say I'm going to get better about updating and I fail miserably at it! Maybe if I don't mention it at all, I'll get better!
So let's see.... I'll start with Scott.
He has been in Grace for 2 months now. This year it seems like time is flying by, for me anyways. He has had so many things go wrong this time around and he was getting very frustrated. I've never heard him say he wanted to quit so many times this last than I have in my life. Things look as though they are smoothing out and one side of the road is 1/3 complete. He has been working ridiculously long hours, like 5am till sometimes 10pm. We don't see much of one another and we don't talk much either. It's even harder to throw in a weeks worth of information for one another in a 24 hour period when he comes home. He will usually roll in after 6 on Saturday and is gone by Sunday night at 6. It's really a learning experience.
His family also has had some pretty trying times recently as well. Last month, his dad, Danny, was rushed to the ER because he was having some kind of attack.. He was physically sick, dizzy, legs and arms were numb and so on...... After a hefty dose of Valium and a few tests, we found out he has Menear's Disease. It's a problem in the inner ear; like Vertigo on steroids basically! So we were able to get him on some meds, get his ears looked at and things seems to be heading in the right direction. It's weird that a diet can affect your ears. I guess too much caffeine, sodium and nicotine really mess with you. So, the family has been regulating sodium and caffeine. Luckily we don't need to worry about smoking!
Also, last Friday night, Scott's aunt passed away from a massive heart attack. She was 42. It's been hard adjusting to having another funeral so soon, but the family seems to be doing surprisingly well. Again, it's times like these I am so grateful to be a member of the Church and I can pass my faith along to my in-laws that they will indeed see her again.
Me, lets see.....
Well, I have been staying pretty busy at work as well. Back to School in retail is always a joke, seriously. It's madness! This is my last week of summer school and I could not be more thrilled to say that! This semester has been brutal. Statistics is hard enough in 16 weeks, but 8 weeks... It's been nuts. Lots of long nights and staying after class! But I am doing great this time around. Apparently FOURTH time around is a charm, third time is for sissy's :] Kidding!! I haven't yet decided if I'm going to go back to school in the fall, all the classes I need are now Major Required and naturally, they are all FULL. So I plan on sitting around like a vulture waiting for spots to open up! When I'm not at school or work, I've been spending a lot of time with my friend Courtney at NOP for her Pocatello Slow Pitch Softball games. She plays on 2 different teams, and I love to just sit and watch her play and people watch. There are some characters out there... let me tell ya! :/ Her last game is tonight, and after that I don't know what I'm going to do to fill my time up!
Other than that, Scott and I both try to get out and enjoy the sun when we can. The weather has been so amazing, it's hard to be at work all day (Scott) and having to sit through an afternoon math class (Me), but I always find time to squeeze a little time in there :]
I hope everyone is enjoying there summer and doing well!
Congrats to the few of you who have had or are having babies!
And my thoughts and prayers are with those who have lost loved ones. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
Until next time (and I promise it won't be so long)
-Maren

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I so don't know how you do it. I would be so lonely! Good thing you have math to keep you company! Nice to know where we come from and where we're going, eh? Very comforting during hard times for sure.

    ReplyDelete