Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Christmas Confession

This year I have had the worst time getting into the holiday spirit this year. I think it has a lot to do with the fact my parents are divorced. It's been 8 years I think, but it never gets easier. I hate having to go 10 different places to make sure I see everyone, then you add in a 'husband' and his family, and that adds 10 more places to visit. It's a lot, and it's not always a happy holiday season. Feel free to stop reading this whenever, basically I just needed to vent! So I'm sure this will be a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. In all honesty, there are times when I just wish my parents were still married... I think Scott is the only person that really knows that. I, for some unknown reason, volunteered my house to have Christmas Eve dinner this year. That's another thing that has drove me nuts this year-we usually have Christmas Eve dinner at my dads sisters house, but I had a falling out with her son and REFUSE to be anywhere he is at the same time. So, because he is some kind of idiot I am missing out on Christmas with my family, missing tradition, missing time with the only Grandma I have left, and missing out on Christmas with my nephews. Yes, it is my choice to not want to be around him, but if you only knew the story, you wouldn't want to be either. But thats a whole other vent session! So, back to X-Mas Eve I've got to do the cooking, the baking, the cleaning. Luckily Scott is such a genius in the kitchen he'll whip up some amazing grub.. And my Mom will be working her tail off to get everything together. The whole meaning behind Christmas is the togetherness. All I really want is to be TOGETHER with my family, the whole family. Not to be seperated because of divorce, or because of an arguement, or because someone doesn't like the other person. Another weird reason I tihnk I can't get in the mood is because there are no gifts under the tree. No not because we can't afford them, but because Ruger EATS them!! I cannot tell you how many gifts he has chewed through. I wanna strangle him! So I've had to lock everthing up and the tree is so bare and lonely! Another thing this morning before I left for work, Diesel and Ruger were all hyper and tipped my tree all the way over. I cried. I mean really cried. I wanted to just throw it outside and leave it. I'm hoping I get a much needed mood boost, pronto, I've only got a day!

Well for those of you who are still with me, thanks for reading my rant. I feel like I am the only one who extremely dislikes the holidays. And I hate that. It's so depressing! Well, I will update you on my progess or lack there of :)

Merry Christmas ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment