Friday, September 9, 2011

9/11

10 Years Ago...






I was 14



I was in Mr. Hale's English class in the basement of HJH



I was mad I had woken up late that day






My mom called me and said a plane had hit one of the Twin Towers



"Mom, planes hit builds all the time. I have to go!" and hung up









Expect this wasn't like anything America had ever seen before...



I walked into class just 'in time' to see the 2nd tower fall.



I heart fell too.






Another plane had crashed into the Pentagon



and another in a field in PA.



Why is this happening??



I feared for my own life



even though I was miles and miles away



I felt bad I was so angry at my mom.



I had a chance to tell her I was sorry,



but those people... They'll never be seen again.



Again, Why?? I just don't get what's going on.



God help those people.









For days afterward, there were glimmers of hope.


Like this....








God Bless America, the land that I love.






9/11/01



Never Forget

No comments:

Post a Comment