Friday, September 9, 2011

A BIG Week






Well, in a week from today, I will be shipping my mother off to China. It's a lot for me to handle. Being the only child I have had A LOT of parent-child time. I consider my mom and dad two of the best people around and without them, other than the obvious of me not being here, I would not be complete. The thought of being in this big house, by myself for a month scares the hell out of me. Luckily my dad isn't too far away in case I need anything. And I'm sure there is a whole slew of people, known and unknown to me, that have been told by my mom to 'keep watch' on me while she's gone. As wild as this sounds, this will be the longest she and I will have ever been apart from one another. She went to Greece for 2 weeks and a few years ago my dads side of the family went to our beach house for 2 weeks. That's it. Now I know you married with children folk who live out of state are thinking this is nothing. But it is. It's a BIG something.

Days won't be so bad, they are occupied with (LOTS) of homework, 2 jobs, and a never ending list of pages of read. It's the nights I worry about.


So for now, we'll we make a list, check it and check it again,

pack, probably cry a little

and check the list again hoping we haven't forgotten something very important.


We'll pray the time goes quick

We'll pray that she learns a lot.

We'll pray I 'can be brave' (as my mommy would say)

We'll pray she 'can be brave' (as I would say)

We'll pray she is safe

We'll pray for comfort when it gets hard

We'll pray and thank Christ for these many blessings

which sometimes... I wonder how He chose us.


You'll hear from me shortly.


Until next time,

Maren.

No comments:

Post a Comment