Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Daddy's Look A-Like

Yesterday morning Scott and I had a 4D ultrasound scheduled. It's something from the very beginning we talked about wanting. And seriously, any time we get to see our son is fine by us. First and foremost, technology.. What a gift and a curse! Yesterday was most certainly a gift. I cannot believe how much detail they will show, enough for us to know Ryker Kay looks like his daddy. He has Scott's nose and chin and my chunky cheeks and full lips. He is so beautiful. It's amazing how much I've fallen more in love with him just by simply seeing his face, seeing his crinkled brow when the ultrasound tech was poking him, actually seeing his mouth open up and a little tongue hanging out. I am seriously getting teary eyed just thinking about my precious baby boy. We love him so much already, it's crazy.

The bigger he continues to get, the more feisty he gets as well. His mother's child for sure! He is not about having his picture taken or being disturbed from sleep. During the ultrasound, Ryk kept putting both his arms up over his head or putting his hands in his face. I mentioned when we found out his gender/aorta check how much he likes his hands in his face, well, it still hold true. I think that will be his comfort once he gets here. He would also throw his cord in front of his face as well. He is funny. He's got a big personality for such a little boy. Check out his pictures....


You can see the cord coming out of his belly in this one


Look at those juicy, kissable lips! 

I like to refer to this as his diva hand. Hahaha!!!


I am totally and completely bias, but I am so smitten with him... My heart is full. Scott was about 5 or so minutes late for our appointment (he had problems at work) and I was saying how Ryker had his nose. He says, "you can actually tell what his nose looks like??" The ultrasound tech brought up his imagine and I watched the smile on Scott's face grow from ear to ear. And he just looked at me with total amazement. I said, "told you." That saying 'I never knew how much I loved your dad until I saw how much he loved you' is so true. He is going to be an amazing dad. He loves his son so much already.

We've been talking about who we want to stand in on his blessing. As many of you know, or probably all, Scott does not hold the Priesthood. And for the first time he told me how upset it made him that he won't be able to stand with our son and give him a blessing. It pulled at my heart. Ryker isn't even here yet and I know Scott is ready to make himself a better person, not just for himself, me, but selflessly for his son. He's such a good man, and I love and appreciate him so very much.

In other news:

I had to take my glucose test yesterday too. I don't know what everyone is complaining about... It's not that bad. I did the orange flavor, and it tasted like flat Crush soda. Not a big deal. But, once all that nasty sugar hit my system, I about crashed like a ton of bricks. It made me so sick and dizzy, I really thought I was going to lose it until the nurse told me if I did, I would have to start over again! Um, no thanks. Luckily I kept everything down.

I am at 28 weeks and everything is going awesome! Just getting bigger and bigger, feeling like a beached whale every now and again. But I can't complain. I know I've had the most easy pregnancy and for that I am so grateful.

I had a birthday last week.. 26 years old. Ugh. I was such a debbie downer the entire day. The harsh reality that I am closer to 30 than to 20 slapped me right in the face! Haha! I had to work, so it really wasn't that much of a birthday and I'm quickly realizing once you reach a certain age, birthdays really aren't that cool anymore! Scott did take me out for a nice dinner and mom ordered us a yummy ice cream cake (Scott and I are 5 days apart). Then Sunday was Scott's 27th birthday, so we had the family over and I went and got my mom and we had a nice BBQ at our house. The Nelson's brought another cake for us, so we've been on sweet overload at our house this last week.

An update on my mom, she is doing great. She MADE me go home last Friday for the first time in a couple weeks. She has been worried about me and I think she just wanted to see if she could navigate being on her own. She did really well. Not to say that I wasn't a huge mess the entire time I was home, texting her every 30 minutes or less I bet. I was a nervous wreck!

She is progressing very well and is even starting to get off some of her medication. Her physical therapist plans on getting some shoes on her and having her start walking down the sidewalk in front of her house. That was the plan for today if the weather held up enough. The steps going into our house don't have a railing, so they are going to work on getting her safely down the stairs before they do anything with her. She is also moving around much quicker than before. Sometimes I feel I have to tell her to slow it down. I know she is tired of being cooped up, especially when we had our few nice days. She is an outside person, so loves working in her flower beds and being outside, but this injury has really screwed that up. Luckily with the deck, she is able to go outside and enjoy a little vitamin D during the day.

Well, I hope all is well with everyone. 
Until next time,
-M

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing how much you can see! He looks adorable already!

    ReplyDelete