Monday, November 4, 2013

11 Weeks

I can't believe how quickly time goes. Wasn't it just yesterday I was in a sleepless, confused faze of new motherhood?! Now here we are, Monday, November 4. Exactly one week before I have to leave my sweet baby boy and return to work. To say it's the hardest thing for me to even think of right now, I have to. Just thinking about it now makes me tear up! Leaving him with my mom and mother in law takes a huge weight off my shouders, but knowing I'm not going to be there when he wakes up from naps or is really upset... kills me. Luckily if either mom needs me, I'm not too far and can easily run to my moms and be there for him.

Lets move on to a happier subject, shall we?! On October 18, I took Ryker in for his 2 month shots. His stats:


Weight 13lbs 2oz (80%)
Length 23.75in (80%)
Head 16in (80%)

I knew he was getting big, but I had no idea just how big! Haha! Lucky for him, the length really evens him out. If he was shorter, the poor kid would look like a doughboy. He took his shots relatively well. Of course the initial poke(s) really upset him and he cried, hard, for a few minutes. But once I was able to comfort him he crashed. I think he slept for a few hours before he woke up and needed fed and then went right back to sleep. We didn't have to deal with any fevers and he seemed great the next day. Thank goodness. That was my first experience with shots and it was so sad to see him that upset! I don't blame him however, I still cry at 26 years old when I have to get shots. I hate needles!

Ryker is doing so great. He's talking a ton and smiling all the time. I know parents always say what a good baby they have, but really, he is such a good baby. Night time he's a bit of a bear, but wrap him up and snuggle him and he's out like a light. He's starting to get fun, his personalitity is really showing through. He's a character. He's starting to get this little attitude scream if you aren't paying attention to him. It makes me laugh.

At 2 months, Ryker:

blows bubbles like a champ
drools constantly
is starting to outgrow 0-3 months, even some 3 month clothes (depends on the brand)
loves his daddy
is facinated with lights and ceiling fans
has started to eat his hands, arm, shirt.. whatever he can get to his mouth
is still EBF
sleeps 5-6 hours a night
eats every 2-3 hours during the day
is not much of a napper, 30-40 minutes a couple times a day is all
loves his mommy
laughs and smiles

This baby boy has brought so much joy into our lives it's hard to remember what life was like without him. Every day hasn't been easy, but the worst day with him is still better than any previous day without him. Ryker Kay, we love you so much. We are so thankful Christ trusted us with you; to love you, to teach you, and for you to teach us what real love truly is. Thank you for being mom and dads light in a year full of darkness, sadness, and hurt. God really does work in powerful ways and He knew we needed you this year.
Here are some recent pictures of this little man. Enjoy!


!

No comments:

Post a Comment