Sunday, February 28, 2010

Olympics and Catch Up

I really enjoy watching the Olympics... for the first few DAYS! But after 15, I'm ready for normalcy! Haha. And I'm really bummed the US didn't beat Canada for the gold medal. That would have been the icing on the cake... And I don't even like/watch hockey! But whatever! I, well everyone who watched this year, saw some really amazing events happen. I remember when the winter Olympics were in Salt Lake City. My mom took me and my cousin down and was amazing! The energy was almost too much to handle. And standing in linefor 13 hours, yes folks 13 looong hours, at ROOTS for a stupid hat. Well, that was just stupid! HAHA. Live and learn, correct? But I'm not gonna lie, I think I would stand in line for those cute little gloves with the maple leaf on them and the cap with the moose!! Awww, I do love winter Olympic wardrobe! Anyways...
We had a safe trip to and from California. It was a hard couple of days. But we made it. On our way to Vegas from Salt Lake, we were 5 minutes or so from landing and the captain comes on and says President Obama is leaving the LV airport and no planes can come in or out, can't get in his airspace (???) and we would have to circle Las Vegas for 30 minutes... Uh, not cool. I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Obama and this little event did not add points for him. Neither did the fact I almost puked AND missed my connecting flight... Tender, right?!
So other than that, everything went well. My mom had to give a little talk on her brother and I thought she did very well. As I sat and listen to hear tell stories about Scott, I wondered what it would be like to have stories like that to share. As all of you know, I am an only. So there will never be stories about my brother poking me from the backseat of the car, or going ice skating together. My mom has gone through a lot in the last 2 years; losing her mother, her job, breaking her wrist, and now burying her brother... Her strength amazes me. I really got lucky when I was chosen for her. If I am half the women she is, I'll be in a pretty good spot.
This was just a quick catch up on what's been going on around these parts. Not much of anything really. Trying to get back to normal life, if there is such a thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment