Saturday, April 17, 2010

Marathon

I have somehow convinced myself I am going to run in the Pocatello Running the Gap Marathon in September! Any of you who know me, know that I had had less than perfect knees since... uh, birth! Haha. And also know how much I HATE running! But, I really wanted to get serious about getting back into shape, so what better way to do it than by a good run!? I have been training A LOT. And I am so impressed by what I can do, despite what I thought I couldn't do. I'm totally proving myself wrong. Thank goodness I have a willing, awesome, keep me motivated kind of partner... Diesel Dog, of course!! He loves our runs and has made great friends with the neighbor dogs :] I love being able to go to my old elementary school and use the track there on the weekend, but during the week while the kids are in school, I go to OK Ward Park. One lap around is .2 more than Chubbuck, so I get to push myself harder there and slack, just a little, on the weekends! I'm working on getting my lungs use to an intense workout (asthma) and I am about able to run for 30 minutes straight... Considering 3 weeks ago they felt as though they were going to blow up around .5 mile! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. I'm hoping to really bump it up now the weather is getting SO NICE!!


Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather as well.

Until next time!

-Maren

1 comment:

  1. I think you will do great! That is such an awesome goal and you will do amazing...if you need any motivation I am here for you!!! I trained last summer for the just cuz half marathon, with bad knees too so I have a lil insight on the subject;)
    Love ya and have fun training!

    ReplyDelete