Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Not the way I envisioned a Saturday

I don't know how many of you know, but I work a second job one Saturday a month just for the heck of it at East Idaho Home Interiors in Pocatello. I picked up some things there for my wedding and one of the gals recognized me and asked if I had pictures. I just happened to have my iPad in my purse and showed her some, she called over the owner - Jenn - and after looking at a handful asked if I wanted to work there. Done deal. That's all it took. I really like. It was hard leaving the shop 3 years ago, I had clients that I truly adored and still miss to this day. This shop is a little bit different from the Holiday House, but it's such a change of pace and I really enjoy it. Some of Jenn's clients even happen to be my old clients. So it's great seeing familiar faces.

Anyway, onto the story... I had to work March 9th from 11-5 and by all accounts it was a normal day. Wasn't feeling sick or bad, just got ready and headed off to Poky. I hadn't even been at work for 30 minutes when I was ringing someone up and started getting very dizzy and lightheaded. So I told Jenn I needed to sit down, that something was wrong. I started drinking some water, but kept getting SO warm, so I walked to our back room where it's typically cooler and sat in a rocking chair. The last thing I really remember is sitting there thinking 'Oh, sh*t'. I woke up to Jenn hovering over me asking if I was okay. It took me a minute to realize I was on the floor and about that time I got so sick. Like, profuse vomiting, cold sweats... In between episodes I was able to call my mom and tell her she needed to come and get me because I was dying, I called Scott and told me basically the same thing and he said he'd be there shortly. Well by the time my mom drove across town, got me, and was back home - Scott pulled into the drive about 5 minutes afterward. He didn't waste anytime. They went back to the shop, grabbed my Tahoe and Scott took me to the ER. I can handle the throwing up and feeling like hell, but it's no longer a one man show, so I wanted to make sure passing out didn't cause any harm to the babe.

So, lucky me, I got the privilege to get poke, prodded, and jabbed, and not to mention the ever fabulous peeing in a cup... My blood pressure was a little low, passing out does that... and my blood sugar was normal. After 2 bags of standard fluids, they figured out I had a bladder infection but the ER doctor wasn't totally convinced that was enough to throw me into this episode. On a more positive note, the babe was fine, had a steady heartbeat and had normal movements. The doc wrote a notice I couldn't drive until cleared, I needed to get a follow-up with my OB and wrote me a scribe. I had to take one tablet of meds before I left the ER and held it down for about 2 seconds. The mere look of water made me start dry heaving, at this point that's all I had left. I had not eaten or drank anything since 11am, we're talking about 5pm by this point.

When I went to doctor on Monday, everything with Baby N is still checking out nicely. Which is a huge blessing. I have read some things that passing out doesn't affect the baby, but being alone in the back room, I had no idea how I had gotten from the chair to the floor or how long I'd be out. So I would rather be safe and get checked out than not have a clue. I have not had any more episodes since that day and I am praying it was a one time fluke. Apparently with an expanding child it puts pressure on your blood vessels and the blood in a mother's body just doesn't travel as fast as it should back to the brain. I was telling Scott this is what I get for bragging about how EASY everything has been - literally from the conception till that Saturday. Lol. Maybe I should be more humble about all that... :)

You can expect a very HAPPY post a week from today. It will reveal the gender of this little babe. Daddy is still 100% sure baby girl. All mommy knows is that it's a baby! So stay tuned. We are really antsy at this point, especially when people bring it up - "one more week!' Are you so excited?! What do  you want it to be?"

Tomorrow we are going to be taking a jaunt to Idaho Falls and buying baby a bedroom set. This will be our first big baby purchase, it's kind of frightening, exciting, overwhelming, and any other emotion you can think of. As soon as we get past Tuesday at 9:30am (ha) I'll know what kind of room I can set up and, as you know I do love decorating, I can't wait. We are going to do a light grey wall and the accent wall where the crib will be placed will have horizontal white stripes. I've found some bedding I am in love with, again, just need to know what this kid is!

We are so excited and I must brag about my sweet husband a moment, he is so connected already. He'll want to see if he can feel where the baby is and he'll be so gentle trying to poke around and see if he can feel what side it's hanging out on. And then when it gets sick of him poking, it'll move and he'll say 'its not there anymore!' "Well check the other side now", and he'll just grin. He's taken such good care of me since we found out in December. If I didn't feel so bad and guilty, I probably wouldn't even have to get up off the couch if I didn't want too. He is going to be an exceptional father and I am so lucky this baby gets to have him for a daddy and that I get to have him for a husband.

Well, Happy First Day of Spring everyone! 
Hope everyone is doing well, you'll be hearing from me soon!
-M



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that is kind of scary! I am glad that all is well with you and the babe. I can't wait to hear what you are having!!

    Funny... I know both of your bosses (old and new)... Lisa B. is in the YW presidency with me in my ward and I use to go visiting teaching to Jennifer!

    I bet your baby's room will be so cute!!

    ReplyDelete