Monday, June 24, 2013

Getting Closer

On more than one thing actually... 

Sunday was the 8 week mark until our son gets here. Where has the time gone?! I feel like now that things have finally settled down, time is just dragging. We want him here, now. My cousin just had her baby last week and seeing him makes me ready for my turn. All in good time I suppose. Things are still continuing to go really well. He is a mover and a shaker that's for sure. The other day I was at work and it really felt like he was rocking himself back and forth, accompanied by his little knees being dragged back and forth across my belly. I don't actually know what he was doing, but it was cheap entertainment for a few minutes :) The heartburn is still killing me slowly, but as long as I stay up on my Pepcid, I'm usually fine. Sleeping is also becoming a thing of the past. I am tired all the time, and I mean exhausted tired. I've never been one to fall asleep in the car, until now. We went and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant in town, probably 5-6 miles from our house, needless to say I was asleep before we even got halfway home. Granted we had been doing yard work all day, and by 'we' I mainly mean Scott. He hit the brakes to turn and apparently my head bobbed forward, he looked over at me and said, were you sleeping?! Uh, I guess so! Ridiculous!

Speaking of yard work, we had a weekend full of it. Saturday we made 3 trips to Pocatello to haul rock and dirt to the house. Thursday we had a truck and pup load of rock delivered out to the house and we also had our sprinklers installed last week. Which, happy for me to report, means Scott is almost finished with the front yard! Saturday he worked his tail off, and he even asked me if he had to do anything else because he was done (meaning, any more yard projects). He hauled at least 2.5 tons (1 ton = 2,000 lbs x 2.5 = 5,000 lbs) of rock in a wheel barrow 100 feet or better up a little ramp and on to our mound. Obviously there would be no help from me with this project, so I stayed on top of the mound and raked the piles around to where they needed to be. And I had the nerve to complain about me being tired! I was hardly doing a thing! Then Sunday, because he is a freaking animal I swear, he was up at 6:30am washing my car (I have no idea why) and let me sleeping in. He came in around 7:30 to check on me, he usually does, and I decided I'd better get up. He decided he was going to haul the dirt into our center island and get that over and done with. I drug myself out of bed and got ready so I could help him with this project. Again, I did help, but very little. Dirt is heavy FYI, dirt with rocks mixed in is even heavier... Ugh, I tried my best but Scott noticed a time or two when I was 'straining' to dump the dirt so he told me to get underneath the pop up tent with the dogs. I did do some raking and fixing the dirt because I felt bad. One time Scott was taking a break in the shade so I got up and was raking, Scott just started laughing so I asked what was so funny (thinking the dogs had done something), he looks at me square in the eye and says "That rake is making you look like a bitch!" Now some of you may think that's mean, but he meant it humorously! I was kind of flopping it around pretending I knew what I was doing, when in reality I was probably messing it up to the point where Scott had to fix my crap to make it work. Needless to say, we both had a good laugh over it!

Pup load

Truck load. Total = 30 ton.... Uh, that's a lot of rock!
These will actually fill that 12 foot area I mentioned last time. 
We added a variety of perennials and srurbs

Another view

Here is the finished product!


Once Scott and I get our center island planted and covered with rock I'll take a picture of that! I'm excited to see how it comes together. We've got some ideas for the plants/shrubs we want to put it, hopefully it comes together as nicely as everything else has. Scott said he should start a landscaping side business... I think he's on drugs!

----

I got a wild hair a couple weeks ago and decided I wanted to do some 4th of July projects while I had a little energy to spare, so of course I hit up Pinterest and got some ideas. Here's what I decided to do....

Yarn wreath. Never again by the way. This took forever and changing colors
did not help matters. I was over it by the time I hit the first white section!
But it turned out great! HA!

I made the little fabric pendant banner for the patio, Scott assisted me hanging it.
If you look on the bench, I also made the pillow sitting on it.
Complete with my red, white, and blue flowers in my planters!


Hope everyone is doing well and you're enjoying your summer time!
Until next time,
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment