Monday, July 1, 2013

Scott the Builder


Scott finished the front yard this weekend! We may transplant the two long needle pines in the front, but for now, they are just going to stay put. I really feel fortunate that Scott is so savvy with his design ideas and knows how to put them in motion. Lets be honest, not all men are as handy as him - and I'm well aware of that. He has worked his already skinny little behind off while I've just done the minimum! I'm grateful for all his hard work and I'm loving the way the house looks! Here's a bunch of pictures documenting the journey since last time...


Plant placing
All the perennials and shrubs in!
Adding the rock, this part I actually helped with! Raking including!


This is the ramp I was talking about Scott having to run up!

Finished!

Our center island. I did help with shoveling and moving the dirt in here..
Awful!

Taking a break in the shade with these sweeties <3 td="">

Fixing my work. Ha!

They LOVE Red Vines

Scott's mom and sister were nice enough to come help Scott this weekend while
he finished up the last two big projects. With the projected heat in to the 100s, Scott did
not want me outside. So he put me in charge of hydration and supplies :)

This is the 12 foot section at the front of the property. I think it looks so awesome, basically a sea of river rock!
Sooo beyond grateful for all their help!
The three of them busted their hump in the 100 degree heat!
This is before the chair was added to the posts...
Finished finished!! 

Here's a wide view of the property


-----

Considering we are getting down to the wire before the little man gets here, I decided I'd get a weekend of pampering. Here I am getting the works done while Scott and the family slave drive in the heat : / Friday I got my hair cut and colored and Saturday I went to a quaint little day spa in Blackfoot called The Hidden Retreat. It's in an old carriage house that they've redone and turned it into a spa. I was treated to a fabulous pedi, brow shape, and a lash tinting. It's amazing what a little pampering can do for a girl. Scott and I were getting ready for bed Saturday night and I had just finished brushing my teeth, I looked at him and said - this is the first time I've felt pretty in a while! I'm glad I was able to take a couple days and just relax. We've got maternity pictures coming up, a baby shower, and just overall preparing for our son.

Speaking of him, this is from a week ago...

Pre-Pampering. I'll have to get a new one with my new do :)

So that means we've got 7 weeks left as of yesterday! I seriously can feel myself getting bigger every week. My poor lower half, feet and ankles, are feeling the brunt of it too, 100+ degree weather and a big 'ol pregnant belly are not friends in any way, shape, or form! I told Scott the other night if they turned green they'd belong on Shrek! The old adage about keeping them propped up and drink LOTS of water are crap. Neither of those things have helped me at all. Some days I'm lucky if the swelling goes down at night. But I still feel like my pregnancy has been a total breeze thus far and I can't complain too much about it, even though I really want too!

We go to the doc to check on him next week and then we also start our birthing classes too. I'm excited to see what we learn. We have a lot of questions/concerns, but I feel like attending these classes will better prepare Scott and I for what we have to look forward to in give or take 53 days...

Well I hope everyone is staying as cool as can be!
Until next time,
-M

2 comments:

  1. So impressed with your guys' work! Well... mostly Scott's! In fact I showed my husband and he wants to learn his skills! Your yard looks amazing! You guys better never move!!
    Talked with your Father in Law the other day, super nice. I was telling him how I can't imagine how you are surviving this heat. I've had two winter babies and never wore a coat. A furnace (aka baby) in your belly keeps you plenty warm. You are a trooper. PLEASE stay cool and in the AC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Katie! Thank you! We are so pleased with the way everything turned out! I swear it's the construction gene Scott got.. He has honestly came up with the designs himself, I pick the pretty plants (to some degree) and Scott works his magic on it all!

      Delete