Monday, July 21, 2014

1st Annual Color Run 2014

Awhile ago I was at lower campus running an errand when I came across a flyer for the 1st Annual Color Run in Pocatello. I've heard about them and I've seen people run them and it seriously sparked my interest. I ask Hilairy (BFF) and Sadie (SIL) if they would be interested in running it with me and of course they were both in! 

We had such a blast running it. Mind you, the most strenuous thing I've done in ages is give birth. I had zero training before I ran this on Saturday - I even got up Saturday morning around 6 a.m. and started stretching just because I was afraid I'd pull something... HA! I worried I wouldn't make it out alive! Surprisingly, I (WE) did really really well. It made me more aware that my respiratory fitness is not where it needs to be for a twenty something year old female. My body held up pretty dang well and I'm super excited about it. [Side note: I couldn't hardly move on Saturday and even today, Monday, I'm having a helluva time going up and down stairs!]

 Years and years ago, probably 3-4 now, I ran a lot. And I mean, a lot. I loved it. Some things happened and I just stopped. Doing this color run made me realize how much I missed it. I really think I'm going to get back into it. I'm kind of excited about it actually! 

Hilairy, Sadie and myself vowed that this will be a tradition, and hopefully we'll add on more people to our Prima Donna team next next year!

July 19, 2014
OK Ward Park, Pocatello

Before

After!





Seriously, look at my child...
Swoon


No comments:

Post a Comment