Monday, July 21, 2014

A Baby Shower

My very bestest friend, Marianne, is having a baby. Her second son. Due August 15th.
Right after she got pregnant and told me when her projected due date was, we nearly killed over. Baby Barfuss is due two days before my sons first birthday. It's so funny how the situation has panned out. Her baby shower was Saturday, July 19th. Last year, mine was Saturday, July 20th. She is seriously following the same exact timeline I was last year at this time. I kept telling her how awful being pregnant in the summer was/is. Boy, is she really feeling it!

Mare has had a difficult time getting pregnant and I could not be more excited for her to be welcoming another baby to her family. Conor J. is going to be a fantastic big brother and I'm so glad Ryker is going to have a buddy close in age to raise hell with later on.

We did a beer and diapers co-ed shower for her and Troy at their home in Pocatello. It was super relaxed; you bring the diapers, we supplied the booze and BBQ. She really wanted to have a s'mores bar, so I set up a cute little table with graham crackers, mallows, and different kinds of chocolate. Well, if any one recalls this last Saturday you will know that it was windy. Unfortunately, for safety sake, we didn't get to have a fire because we were worried we would light the house and neighbors house on fire!

Even if the party didn't go as planned, I couldn't be more excited to welcome this new baby to the clan - I already love him more than I can explain! Just a few more weeks and he'll be here - hopefully before or after Ryker's birthday. The joke is, Ryker will hate her if baby comes on his birthday :) 


Mare & Mare
I love love this lady <3 td="">


Ryker enjoy himself at Marianne and Troy's shower 
He's pulling dad's hair


Nelson Family



No comments:

Post a Comment