Monday, July 21, 2014

4th of July

We had a really nice, relaxing 4th. I insisted on taking Ryker to the parade in Pocatello, so we got up early and picked my mom up. I haven't been in ages, so I was use to the old parade route - up Center St. (you know the one I'm talking about).. Turns out, that's not the parade route anymore. Luckily so nice individual stopped to tell us we were about 3 blocks too far.

Once we did finally get to the right spot, I seriously couldn't believe all the people, it was crowded. We found us a decent spot by the road and close to the beginning so we could get out of there if we needed too.

Needless to say, I am a complete worrier about the sun and the heat, even though we had Ryker lubed up with SPF I worried about him getting overly hot and fried. So, we left about 45 minutes into the parade. We had parked near Buddy's and I haven't been in a while so we stopped for a quick lunch.

Later in the afternoon we had the Nelson's and my mom up to the house for a BBQ and we torched off a few fireworks. Ryk loved them! I was worried they would be too loud or bright, but he was trying to grab the sparks as they flew from the fountains and sparklers.

Here are some pictures!


First piece of candy that he "caught"










I don't know what I like more about this picture...
My festive husband, or the ah-maz-ing sunset behind him!





No comments:

Post a Comment