Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Late Mother's Day Wish


It's a few days late, but I just wanted to wish my mom another Happy Mother's Day. I am bias, since she is my Mother, but I think I have the greatest Mom ever. There isn't a time I can't think of that she wasn't there for whatever it was I was doing that day; dance pictures/competitions/recitals/practice (the list could go on and on for dance), every soccer game, pagent and what have you. If I said walk, she would run to whatever it was I had going. If I grow up to be half the mother she is, I'd say I'll be in a pretty good spot. A few things my mom has taught me over the years:
1. Pick your nose and it will get stuck up there.
2. You keep pulling that face and it will be a face only a mother could love.
3. Because I'm the mommy, that's why.
4. You better shut your mouth and eat those beans.
5. I'm going to knock you into next week if you keep that up.
6. If you break your neck, your not coming to the store with me.
7. Stick your tongue out one more time, and I'll cut it off.
8. Don't make me pull out the wooden spoon.
9. Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about.
And finally, my favorite......
10. I love you to the moon and back.
How she kept her sanity over these last 22 years is beyond me. I wasn't the easiest of kids to raise, that's probably why I'm the only one, and I had a lot going as a kid, but she has taught me everything I know. Not everyone can say they have a relationship with their mother like I have with mine. I'm so blessed Heavenly Father picked her to raise me. She is my best friend and my hero. Happy (Late) Mother's Day Mommy, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment