Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cub River

(I needed to make two seperate posts!)

This weekend we had the opportunity to take the 5th wheel and enjoy the long weekend! We went to a place outside of Preston called Cub River, it's way way up in the mountains. We left Friday night and didn't get back till yesterday. We went with Scott's mom, dad, and sister and we also took Ruger (Diesel has been super sick) and we had such a good time. I haven't been camping in such a long time, and it was good to get out of town and breathe in fresh mountain air. Lately I've been on such a nature picture taking spree and this place was prime to take awesome shots. I felt bad, I hardly got any pics of the family, but 100+ of the nature surrounding us! Haha, next time. We explored trails a little on the 4 wheeler, sat around the camp fire and roasted starbursts (yes I said starbursts...) and choco/vanilla marshmellows (a little piece of heaven I'm sure of it), and ate some awesome dutch oven food (my fav!). Here is a few pictures of the surrounding area and the family:

Me.. Being, well, me :]

Scott's sister Sadie and Ruger



Cutting fire wood was dangerous. Haha

3 comments:

  1. I love roasted starbursts! They are the best. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. starburst! roasted? i love this, and i will fry one in a pan at home later,just to see....

    ReplyDelete