Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Swing of Things

As everyone knows, ISU started last week and that of course means everyone is back to the hustle and bustle of school life. Life back at school means:
  • Sleepless nights
  • Sore backs from carrying 20 books around
  • Super sore wrists from countless hours of note taking
  • Summer is offically gone
  • Page after page of text
  • Exams ('nuff said)
  • 20 page papers
  • Study groups
  • LOOKING FORWARD TO THANKSGIVING BREAK

I don't believe we even had a summer this year... Summer flies by quicker and quicker as I get older. I was thinking the other day "Why is it that when I was a kid all I wanted to do was GROW UP; I wanted to drive, I wanted to stay up late, and go to college. Now, all I want to do is be little again. Why was I in such a hurry to grow up??" I'm sure all of you can relate, yeah getting older has its perks, but does anything beat having your mom and dad drive you around town? Playing with your friends whenever you wanted? No bills? Basically, no worries, except for what the boy down the street thinks of you or what you're going to wear the next day.

My nephew said to me the other day:

T: Mawen, I lub school... I get 3 play times a day!! One in the mowning (morning), after lunch and right before we go home!! How many do you get?!

M: Baby, Maren is at big kid school, we don't get play times.

T: (distraught) What?! Why would they do that?

M: Well, when you get older, you just don't get those at school. They think because you are bigger you don't need play times outside.

T:Uh, well..... I think everyone should get play times outside...

Haha, the world through an almost 7 yr old eyes are priceless. I couldn't agree more about getting play breaks inbetween class, but... not everyone sees it like me and Tanner :]

Good luck to everyone who is back to school. Keep motivated and stay positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment