Tuesday, April 23, 2013

23w2d

Scott and I got to see our precious baby boy this morning! As amazing and breath-taking as it is, I find myself being a little overwhelmed and anxious about the ultrasounds.. What if something is wrong? What is somethings happened? What if he has a defect?... I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. But it's so reassuring to see little man fussing for the camera already. He was not nearly as content today as 4 weeks ago. He kept rolling his head back away from the camera, and then he'd bring it forward again only to change his mind. I can see/sense a personality in him already. He would arch his little neck and head back towards his back, I don't know if he was stretching or again throwing a mini fit. But whatever it was, I cried! It's so amazing to see that. As far as him and his organs, his heart in particular, everything looks fantastic! He's got a nice, strong heartbeat, 144 bpm today, and his aorta looks perfect (that was the main reason for today's visit).

We did have a brief scare for a moment, when she was checking my cervix she made mention that it looked like it was starting to dilate and proceeded to tell me that meant bed rest and all this other jazz. I instantly went into panic mode, naturally, and started crying over that. I think Scott got a little worried too because he was grabbing my hand and holding on with a death grip. So I got the lovely "other" ultrasound to check all that out. Come to find out, there is just a weird U shape in my cervix and it was nothing to be alarmed of. It actually is "nice and long" whatever that means! I think the Tech knew we were both freaking out, because when she was done she told us we could breathe now :)

Here are a couple photos from today I wanted to share
 His little leggy <3 p="">

 A good view of his profile and heart

This is him arching his head back
His chin is what's pointing straight up!

I've said it a lot, and I'll say it 100 more times, we are so excited for this little man. It's crazy how just within the last couple of weeks I've been able to feel him move more and more. He finally put on a show for his daddy Saturday - we have been trying since the Sunday night I felt his first jab which was probably 3 weeks ago and Scott hasn't felt a thing. Scott had his hands on my belly one morning just in hopes he might move and baby did. Scott kind of let out a gasp and looked at him like, I felt it, I felt it!! It was awesome to be able to share that with him and  I'm glad this turkey butt finally decided to give it up for his dad! 

Well, that's all I have for today! My friend Nicole, who is making his bedding, and I picked out fabric last week and she is going to get started on that project. I am so excited to share it with everyone when I get some pictures! Nicole or Crafty Coley (the name of her business) is on Facebook. Check out her work ladies! She is beyond talented-self taught might I add! If you need something, diaper bags, hooter hiders, car seat covers, camera straps, clothing, etc... Contact her! You will not be disappointed!

Hope everyone is well!
-M

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand being nervous for the ultrasound. I had to have one every 4 weeks with my last because of complications, and every time I would freak out. It is nice to get the reassurance though and I am so glad your little man is doing great! Good news indeed! Love reading all your updates.

    ReplyDelete