Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Nursery

Like I mentioned and showed in my last post, we've started on baby boys nursery. Scott had just finished the main walls and this last weekend we finally got the stripe on. I think it looks so great already. As you can see in the picture, we even put his crib together - may I add it was a very easy assembly process! I was expecting something difficult with lots of colorful language... not the case!



The mismatched dresser is Scott's next project. He's going to sand that down and stain it to match the color of his crib and changing table. It's already a room we just go and sit in. I think in a way we are mentally preparing ourselves for what's going to happen in that room, I think I've mentioned that before. It's a peaceful feeling to just sit in there and look at his crib or even look at the little clothes we've already picked up for him or that he's received.

Sunday I hit 21 weeks which is so unbelievable. It's gone by so quick and I still feel so lucky to have had a really easy pregnancy, compared to some people who are miserable 24/7. I new 'pain' I'm experiencing is heartburn. I have never been a sufferer, unlike Scott, so I didn't really know what to expect. But boy, do I know what it is now. I've been trying to pay attention to what I eat before I get it and make a mental note. Even then, It's nothing a Tums or water can't control pretty quickly.

I've got a funny Scott story for you few readers, we were at Wal Mart this weekend (the Blackfoot one is set up exactly like Pocatello's) and we were walking past the kids clothing coming up on the chips and Scott had written down he wanted some for his lunch so I turned around to ask him what kind he wanted and he was gone. Well I found him cruising through the baby boy clothes racks! It was so precious, melted my heart on the spot! And the funny thing is, he hadn't been over there but a minute and was so excited to show me a newborn puppy outfit he had picked up along with matching socks. Needless to say, they got tossed in the cart and Scott walked away like a proud daddy :)

I had a friend tell me yesterday I'm going to be lucky if I get to get my hands on our kid very often because Scott is going to be mauling the hell out of him. I don't mind :) I think he's finally gotten over the hump of not having a baby girl and is very excited to have a little man running around with him. I say it a lot, but he has been so helpful and excited and it makes me proud and grateful that this baby gets to have such an involved daddy.

One last picture because it's too precious not to share... Here is Ruger snuggling with his baby brother

Don't mind his creepy, half opened eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment