Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Half Way

I look so lovely... I apologize for the picture! haha!

Where does the time go?? Ever since I was told last week that he was measuring bigger, I've been going off the ultrasound measurements - which means Sunday I made it to the halfway point! Seems so unreal to me that we are on the down hill side of things. It has just flown by. I think it may have been a little bit different had we not gone through what we have the last few months. As terrible as it sounds, baby boy was the last thing on my mind from January 16th around 1:30pm until March basically. The journey continues to be hard, as we have Owen's benefit coming up in May and the adoption trial for him at the end of next month. 

I have a strong feeling Baby Nelson and Owen will grow up to be just as good of friends as Scott and Boede, and the next generation of Paul/Nelson PIC's (from the movie Role Models - "You can be my big, I'll be your little") will continue. I wonder, will our son tower over Owen like Scott does to Boed?? Time will tell :)

We, and I really mean Scott, started painting the nursery this last weekend. I tried to paint one wall, but he told me I was 'horrible' because I was missing spots and that he didn't need me.... So I made him a sandwich instead. Ha!

 I'm excited for the design we've chosen and I hope it turns out as well as I envision. We are going to go for a country/western theme in there. Scott's folks kept his first cowboy hat and his first pair of spurs. So we are going to incorporate those. The main wall that his crib will be against will be a base white with a darker grey vertical stripe and the three remaining walls are a lighter grey. The picture makes it look brownish.  







The evening after we finished painting, me, Scott and the boy dogs just kind of sat in the nursery and discussed the future of that room. All the milestones we get to experience with our son.. 

Sunday, we had all the family out to our house and we sat outside and enjoyed the warm sunshine. We aren't ham people, so we kept it simple and did a BBQ instead. It was the first time Scott's dad, Danny, had seen the pictures of his grandson from the ultrasound.  It was cute to listen to him ask Scott what each picture was or what the numbers on the side meant. I think everyone is rather excited about this first grandson!

I hope everyone had a great Easter with their family! Scott and I were discussing baby's first Easter, he'll only be about 7 months so he probably won't be too into it, but March/April 2015... He'll be ready to have an Easter egg hunt! :)


1 comment:

  1. I love how excited you guys are!!! I'm so happy you for you. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete