Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Spirit



I am having the worst time this year getting into 'Christmas mode.'

I have hardly shopped for gifts, just got the tree up, and have

zero lights on the outside of our house. We have never

not had lights on the house!! This year has been a

crazy one, and I think that has something to do with my

downer attitude.. Pretty much everyone in the house has a

downer holiday mood.


On Wednesday, my mother was laid off from AMI (ON) after 32 years.

She has worked there over half her life.

"Merry Christmas, oh and by the way, we're laying you off today"

That isn't exactly how it worked out, but it's probably the way it felt.

You don't realize how bad the economy is until it actually affects you.

I'm hoping for the best for my Mom. And I'm praying something

will work out for her. She deserves the best.


On a brighter note, Tyler is back in Pocatello! He is living at the Pocatello

Care and Rehabilitation Center to work on strength and eating.

He is on a strict diet to help with the healing of his kidney and pancrease.

The kid can eat very LITTLE and seems to be adjusting well.

He is in the best of spirits and so is Hilairy!

What a Christmas miracle that he is alive and finally on the mends!


I'm hoping as soon as both jobs slow down (yeah right)

and I can get some Christmas shopping started, my mood will perk up :]

Happy Shopping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment