Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year

It seems strange to think back a DECADE ago... I mean seriously, 10 years has flown by. Some things good, and some things bad... Lets see how good my memory is:

2000- Spent at the Mini Dome, freaking out about the Y2K bug and the end of the world. I was in Jr high... Bla.... Best of all, I met Scott in Oct.
2001- My Mom and Dad announced they were getting a divorce.
2002- A new life begins with just my Mom, and getting shuffled back and forth between here and American Falls. A very tough time for me.
2003- My first year at Highland High School! Looking forward to school dances and a DRIVERS LICENSE!
2004- Our best friend, Tyson, got killed by a drunk driver...... Again, a horrible time in both out lives. Made Scott and I re-think what path we wanted to take in life and who we wanted in our life. This event made me who I am today. I am forever grateful for Tyson, and I miss him everyday. Scott graduates HS and turns 18 on the same day!
2005- A Senior... Wow... In June, I will be out of high school for 5 years. Sickening! Haha. This was the year Scott and I decided we couldn't live without each other. Again, wow. Best decision ever.
2006- College life. Not nearly as 'cool' as I expected! Haha :] Long nights and even longer days. Scott and I go through our first big trial, his Grandma passes away unexpectedly. We miss Grandma Betty lots. Scott turns 21!
2007- Scott's gets promoted to Hot Plant Foreman. He loves his job, and will be a lifer! I turn 21... And we head to Vegas!
2008- Diesel is born! Yay! We try our hand at 'parenting' (if we can keep a dog alive, I think we'll be good with kids too). Worst of all, we have 2 grandparents pass away within a day of each other. April 2 and April 3 was the worst thing Scott and I have had to deal with. There was anger, sadness, confusion, and a lot of tears between the two of us. We miss Grandma Hazel and Pa like crazy. To go through the holidays without them, well it hurts. We have a huge void in our life without them. We love them both, I know Scott is the man he is today bc of Pa. And I know, with help from Grams, I will graduate college, and I will help other families who have cancer stricken loved ones deal with this killer. Cancer Society, here I come.

2009
- As this year comes to a close, I think back about all that has happened. Scott and I are at 'that' place.. We are ready to move ahead with our life and make that big decision. We have had good things happen, a new pup.. And a few rough patches, Scott working outta town 3 months and mom getting laid off. All in All, 2009 was a pretty good year. I learned new things this year I never anticipated I would, and I am grateful. I'm grateful for new friends and appreciate those friends who want to take a different path as Scott and I.

In 2010 (so crazy to say) I want to make a resolution, not your typical 'shed some pounds and get in shape' but a real goal, something I should be able to accomplish and hold on to. I want to work on myself, I want to be a better women and prepare to become a wife (no, this is not an announcement :]). I want to work on my patience and my acceptance of others. So there, I made it public, now I have to stick to it, right?!
Happy New Year Everyone.
Let's pray for an economic recovery and a little more
happiness in the world.
Be Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment